Lagree Exercise Break Down : Single Leg Squat
Form and alignment is key when you’re in a Lagree class at Higher Terrain. Follow these tips to get the most out of your workout on the Megaformer™!
The Single Leg Squat is a Lagree move that targets the gluts, hamstrings, and quads of the moving leg. It can be performed on the front or back of the Megaformer™.
- Be sure to sit your hips back to keep your knee stacked right over the ankle of the moving leg.
- Keep your chest lifted, and take a full pause at the bottom of the squat.
- Focus on pressing down through your heel to fire up those gluts.
- Point the toes of foot that’s on the carriage to remind yourself to stay light on the foot.
- Go slow to maximize muscle recruitment and get more out of each repetition.
See you soon at the studio!
Love, and Planks
Higher Terrain studio