6 Pilates Exercises that target your core
We all know that practicing Pilates exercise is one of the most effective ways to strengthen your core. Aside from having a chiselled mid section, having a strong core is important for helping you perform better during out door sports, stabilizing your lower back, and improving posture. Pilates is low impact, making it suitable for any fitness level. If you don’t have a Pilates Reformer near me, try out these Pilates Mat exercises, that can be done anywhere!
- The One Hundred – Used as a warm up to prepare the body for the entire Pilates Mat repertoire, this Pilates move engages deep abdominal using breath, and coordinated movement.
- Bicycle Crunch – also called criss-cross this Pilates exercise targets the abdominals, obliques, as well as the hips.
- Single Leg Stretch – this move targets the lower abs, as well as legs.
- Side Plank Hip Dips – this plank exercise targets the obliques, and lower back muscles.
- Marching – this classic Pilates exercise targets deep stabilizer muscles in the core and lower back.
- Pilates Planks – this exercise starts with a Pilates roll down, incorporating a stretch into this full body strengthening move that targets the core, as well as upper body muscles.
Looking for a Pilates Class?
Find us at 601 Hyman Ave, under the ALO store!